Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday night

At the end of work, I realised that today is Friday, and there is no CG. No district, no unit or CG CG! Didn't really thought of it cos was too busy during the week. Felt weird going home early on friday night.

Confirmed with Ming that today no CG and no activities over SMS. He said he's on the way home already and suggested I find someone to have dinner with. At the same time, I messaged Merv over MSN, but he said he has dinner appointment with his friend. argh... so sian to go home, no programme on Fri night!!! Was feeling a bit sad...

Then I saw Huiqun online. Hasn't met her for some time cos of her busy schedule, so took the opportunity to ask her out to have dinner. (Not dating hor.. she got steady bf one...) She said she has an event to attend. When I saw that, I was disappointed. Then, she said that if i can wait, she can meet me at 8, by sneaking out early. Wah... so touched, that she made that effort for me! (though partly cos she dun really like such social events..) There was a point when we were contemplating smuggling me in the event (some high class one leh.. with ambassadors and such..), but we gave up the idea cos I dun think the attire or even my big office bag will blend in!

We met up outside Lido, and proceeded in to the 3rd or 4th floor, to one of the Japanese restaurants (can't rem the name). The place looks very cool, with nice ambience. It took us some time to order our food. We were so hungry by then, cos both of us had not taken our lunch. When the food came, I was thinking, "So much! Dun know if can finish..." Evidence as follows:





The food was very good, made perfect by the hunger we have! Had that egg thing again.. can't rem what is it called again.. 3 bucks only and is much nicer than Sakae! She commented that she won't bring me some place to torture me, sure will be good food! Of cos man... she writes for a food magazine, high class dining kind.. and she a food lover.. paradise is supermarket, cos surrounded by food.. haha





Something interesting above.. had to grind the sesame seeds and then pour sauce, then mix it with the grinded seeds to make the sauce mix for the meat. Never had to work for my food like this before. Exercise before eating... haha

After dinner, I overheard her calling her bf, asking if he's done with whatever he's doing.. wah.. At least his bf doing something, else I'll feel guilty for taking some time away from her precious moments with her bf! I took the north bound train so as to be able to sleep in the train all the way, while she went to Dhoby Ghaut to meet her bf.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tiger said...

Finally some new stuff!

12:35 PM, August 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys seem to have a thing for Japanese food. Haha... Yum!

1:17 AM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Gabster said...

yea... the few times we went out to eat are all Japanese food.. hehe
all very nice ones.. hehe

1:26 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger God's Grace said...

Write some more!!! Hehehehe... OK me hungry now :P

10:08 AM, September 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...

11:39 AM, April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home